At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads expert level quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions and address business questions
- Creates and is accountable for high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work
- Delivers results to Business Clients and Sr. Dept Leaders
- Delivers results, insights and recommendations (written, verbal, presentations, etc) to business audience to support business decisions
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, display root cause analysis of problems, and recommend solutions
- Deep expertise in a least one business area or domain, with a broad understanding of the business and domains surrounding the main focus. Ability to articulate this knowledge as an expert at the enterprise level and may be called on to provide insight at the senior leadership level to provide detailed analysis.
- Seeks to understand business process, user tasks, and as necessary, captures refined process documents
- Shares best practices with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, patterns, standards and processes. Contribute to the development there of.
- Takes initiatives to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of highly complex analytical topics
- Provides consultation to business clients (including senior leaders) and participates in enterprise-wide teams to address business issues
- Identifies & captures business requirements, develops KPI frameworks
- Perform business use case opportunity identification & sizing
- Regularly applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve enterprise analytical capabilities
- Actively promote learning & curiosity.
- Access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into complex business problems, decisions, and performance. Creates and produces forecasts, reports, dashboards, etc. to tell a story through data
- Leads the creation of forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Utilizes analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts that impact the business (costs, risks, etc).
- Leads value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work.
- Master's degree in computer science, MIS, math, statistics, business or related field.
- At least 6 years of professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience building analytics models, visualizations and delivering insights
- Ability to provide design direction
- Ability to apply data visualization best practices to work deliverables.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, report or application development that support business decisions/outcomes.
- Expertise in development and analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS or other tool
- Visualization tooling like PowerBI or Tableau
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups