At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is looking for a strong Cyber Security Engineer who will develop, configure, deploy and manage data security solutions that involve endpoints and collaboration tools.
The role is an individual contributor on the Endpoint & Collaboration Security Team within Enterprise Information Risk and Cybersecurity Department under the CISO. This position can be fully remote!
The selected engineer will support Lead and Senior Engineers to actively partner/collaborate with all other functional areas within the Enterprise Tech Function.
What you’ll do each day:
- Support analysis, design, engineering, configuration management and implementation of security solutions for new and existing environments
- Actively participate as a next-level troubleshooting resource above the traditional L1/2 engineer
- Understand technical issues and risks affecting the business and be able to communicate them to colleagues in and outside of sphere of influence.
- Stay ahead of security trends & standards; maintain a knowledge of capabilities and vendor product offerings in this space
What kind of person should you be?
- Integrity, initiative and inclusion are essential values for you
- You appreciate that the data of our company & clients is of utmost importance to protect.
- You recognize the importance of user experience and productive efficiency and seek ways to balance these drivers with the cyber security protections/solutions
- You have the ability to quickly learn unfamiliar/new products and technologies have the dedication to do so.
- You gain intrinsic & extrinsic value from continuous professional development.
- You can handle stressful situations calmly
- You are able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- You believe actions speak louder than words.
What skills do you need?
- Advanced education in information systems, computer science, SW Engineering or cybersecurity. Education comes in various forms: Degrees, certifications, traditional 4 year college and technical institutes - we value a diverse set of education backgrounds.
- 4 years+ experience in information technology with over half in cybersecurity
- Solid knowledge of endpoint security solutions (anti-virus/malware, DLP, configuration management, etc) and/or teamwork security solutions (email filtering tools, M365, Slack and Zoom security configurations, CASB, etc)
- Experience in multiple platforms and environments - Windows, Mac, & Linux, workstation &server, physical, virtual, & cloud
- At a minimum, education and/or training in scripting languages; PowerShell, python, VB script, etc; hands on experience highly preferred
- Familiarity with Security Frameworks (NIST, MITRE, Kill Chain etc) with preference towards practical application at the operations and engineering level
- Experience in large, complex enterprise environments
- Cloud - experience in public and private cloud security integrations with experience in DevOps methodology preferred
- Ability to sense security risks within the product technologies and courage to speak up and suggest mitigations
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Partners well with others; consistent track record to cultivate collaboration & coordination among team members and across teams
- Proven analytical abilities in decision making and problem solving
- Validated ability to prioritize and deal with ambiguity
Plus, to have:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Comp TIA+ certifications in the CySA, Security, Cloud, Server.
Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups