At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Internship candidates can expect a fulltime onsite internship program, running from June to August 2024.
Carefully selected from universities across the country, our interns bring distinctive ideas and perspectives to our organization. Our employees are passionate about building our emerging talent and future leaders. In addition to their day-to-day tasks, interns participate in professional development workshops, senior leadership Q&A's, volunteer initiatives, networking/social events, and more!
As a Corporate Strategy intern, you will work alongside your team in Corporate Strategy, as well as other cross-functional teams around the organization to complete projects critical to Northwestern Mutual’s success. You will partner in driving projects forward, while also assessing and analyzing data from internal and external resources to drive business insights. You will support Corporate Strategy team members in contributing to deliverables that bring value to the organization, solve business issues and drive growth. You’ll collaborate to create deliverables and provide input and consultation. You'll work with a dynamic team that is on the forefront of setting company strategy in a collaborative and agile environment.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs. Minimum qualifications:
- Pursuing a business focused degree (undergraduate) from an accredited college or university (rising junior preferred)
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Previous work or classroom experience in one or more of the following: Accounting, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Investment, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Statistics, Strategy, or Organizational Management
- Employer immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
Preferred skills and proficiencies:
- Self-starter who is outcome driven, resourceful, analytical, innovative, and intellectually curious
- Ability to contribute to projects that involve sophisticated decisions and provide project management support
- Experience conducting market and competitive research which implement quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex topics to large and diverse audiences
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Organized with high attention to details
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Who we are
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years through a distinctive planning approach that integrates risk management with wealth accumulation, preservation, and distribution. With more than $290 billion in assets, $30 billion in revenues and more than $1.9 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.6 million clients. People are the power behind Northwestern Mutual, and diversity makes us better. We are committed to reflecting and serving the marketplace. We do so by attracting and improving the engagement of those who bring their outstanding perspectives, ideas, and beliefs. At Northwestern Mutual, people matter. And you’ll be working for a company that’s consistently voted among the “most admired” in the nation. We invite you to explore your career interests with us.
Pay rates for internships are determined based on academic tenure and major.
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Build a strong career foundation with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups