At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
NOTE: This internship, beginning in September 2022, is open to students nationwide and has the possibility of being a REMOTE internship, depending on the applicant’s location. This internship features the opportunity to continue the following spring, and summer in person in Milwaukee at Northwestern Mutual’s downtown office.
As a Corporate Strategy Analytics intern you will work alongside your team in Corporate Strategy as well as other cross-functional teams around the organization to complete tasks critical to Northwestern Mutual’s success. You will be part of a team that delivers quantitative and qualitative data analysis. You will apply and integrate data driven business analysis to discover and identify new insights, and turn them into actionable outcomes. Through team exposure and interaction with stakeholders, you will help the Corporate Strategy team influence others by telling a story through data. You'll work with a dynamic team that is on the forefront of setting company strategy in a collaborative and agile environment.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs. Minimum qualifications:
• Pursuing a business focused degree (undergraduate) from an accredited college or university (rising junior preferred)
• Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
• Previous work or classroom experience in one or more of the following: Business Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, or Statistics
• Employer immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
Preferred skills and proficiencies:
• Self-starter who is results-oriented, resourceful, analytical, innovative, and intellectually curious
• Strong analytical capability with ability to meet deadlines
• Experience developing proposals and research which implement quantitative and qualitative research techniques
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex topics to large and diverse audiences
• Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
• Extremely organized with high attention to details
• Knowledge in word processing and presentation software programs (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Experience with SQL, Java, Python, R/SPSS/SAS, Tableau, Power BI, or other data & visualization tools a plus
• Experience with sourcing, cleansing, and combining datasets from disparate sources a plus
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups