At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we strongly believe in internal growth and career development. We're so excited that you are interested in growing your career with us!
What's the role?
The Corporate Development Analyst partners with cross-functional team members, developing project plans, identifying risks and supporting the team to drive projects forward. You will also assess, gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data from internal and external resources to drive insights which result in telling a story through data. You will help formulate strategy and initiatives that build value for the organization. Development of business cases to drive business growth, change ideas into successful actions and timely complete of key projects are key to success; as is ongoing production of reports to track KPIs, identify areas of improvement, and identify root causes of problems to form recommendations. You'll work with a dynamic team that is on the forefront of setting company strategy in a collaborative environment.
- Leads projects that involve more sophisticated decisions and project management. Projects typically rely less on established practices and involve greater coordination with cross-functional business clients and/or vendors. Coordinates the needs and opinions of different people in different departments with various areas of expertise.
- Provides proactive research consultation to business stakeholders throughout the Company. Advises and assists them in solving business issues.
- Integrates business, product, competitive research knowledge and information acquired to provide corporate direction and lead to insight regarding business objectives.
- Provides consultation to cross-functional partners on more complicated business needs and evaluates and solves business problems using structured approaches.
- Analyzes financial statements and develops reporting for use by senior management in decision making on opportunities.
- Develops research reports that are more complex in nature, integrating results from many sources and communicating them in a clear and concise fashion. Able to present complex information in an understandable way.
- Interacts with management to address objectives. Communicates to various levels within the company, including executive-level, and presents complex topics to large and diverse audiences.
Bring your best! What the role needs:
- Minimum of 3 years in strategy, finance, market research, or equivalent experience in leading key growth initiatives. Industry, company and product knowledge is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Research or related field.
- Consistent record for running multiple projects simultaneously. Strong speaking and presentation skills coupled with excellent synthesis and writing skills, particular emphasis on writing for executive audience.
- Experience in financial statement/data analysis and valuation is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to lead cross-functional stakeholders and ability to influence.
- Ability to gather information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analysis.
- Ability to be adaptable to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Strong analytical capability with ability to meet deadlines.
- Shown skills in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Strong proficiency and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools; modeling, analytic and quantitative techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to optimally work with clients at all levels of the company
- Knowledge in word processing and presentation software programs (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups