At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
We are seeking a Controls Assurance Analyst who will maintain a foundation for enabling management of systems and data risks and consult on information protection controls; monitor, measure and reporting on effectiveness and efficiency of information protection processes; assess information risks and noncompliance issues to aid in making appropriate investment decisions. You hold yourself to a high standard, proactively working to attain/improve pertinent industry knowledge.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for executing processes and monitoring, measuring and reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of controls in order to stay in sync with information protection policies and standards.
- Responsible for consulting and advising on the need for information protection controls in order to stay in sync with information protection policies and standards.
- Updating audit issues and working with 1st and 3rd lines of defense to drive remediation.
- Accountable for handling noncompliance issues and making the appropriate risk decisions.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required
- Three or more years of experience in information systems or systems audit with a demonstrated knowledge in technologies and processes
- Ability to assess and implement IT general controls desired
- Proven flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively managing and prioritizing concurrent assignments
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify and resolve critical issues through effective problem solving skills
- Strong ability to develop and leverage relationships;
- ability to effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills focused on facilitation of meetings;
- ability to deliver informative, well-organized documentation and ability to optimally communicate in difficult and/or sensitive situations
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups