At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you'll do:
Works with divisional team members and resolves special handling cases on a wide variety of questions including, but not limited to, contracting, licensing, registration processes and procedures and complex NMFN database issues. The scope of the team leader's technical knowledge spans a broad range of unique situations and issues that may not be covered in current training or training manuals and requires problem solving ability to bring about case resolution and develop and communicate processes and procedures that are within regulatory standards.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support and complete tasks for assigned Network Offices
- Recognized in the division as a technical expert in one or more areas of contracting, licensing and registrations.
- Coaching, case consultation and follow up with team members on divisional processes, system enhancements, procedural changes and emerging issues which impact case resolutions.
- Responsible for updating training materials, checklists and divisional guidelines and communicating these changes to all divisions impacted.
- Coordinates training initiatives for team members, field management, financial representatives, and field staff.
- Conducts quality audits and ensures the accuracy of data in the NMFN data base.
- Provides feedback to team members and the manager regarding performance improvement opportunities as well as confirmation of good performance. Attention to detail and critical analysis is essential to ensure that the field is compensated appropriately, and compliance standards are met.
- Understands each job task within the division and can provide back-up during vacations and high-volume periods. Contributes to the daily workload within the division as well as handles cases that are non-routine and require special handling and/or research.
- Provides superior customer service verbally and in writing on unique, complex, and sensitive cases.
- Ability to respond to regulatory inquiries and facilitates communication with state and regulatory contacts.
- Determines the field's needs and the state regulatory requirements, completes an analysis of resolution options determining the best resolution and communicates the resolution to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Strong advocate for divisional process improvements. Actively identifies process efficiencies and coordinates implementation of improvements in divisional procedures.
- Serves as a subject matter expert. Participates in division, departmental and corporate committees, and projects to plan for possible impact of new state regulations, system changes or procedures.
- Actively participates in team meetings and works positively to resolve team issues. For example, may answer questions and provide guidance during Flag meetings.
- Willingly assists with work across the division to meet the service goals.
- May run reports and or analyze metrics related to team’s productivity and work volumes
- Associate degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in insurance operations or securities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-6 years of combined customer service, insurance operations or securities experience; 1-2 years of coaching experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Thorough understanding of Northwestern Mutual's financial network operations
- Ability to work independently to accomplish a variety of tasks, and to successfully complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner in a high-volume area.
- Strong ability and interest to coach, train and provide guidance on core CLR responsibilities
- Superior customer service skills with ability to address and successfully resolve complex and sensitive field issues
- Expert technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Great pay package, 401K, company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, performance based incentive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, caregiver time off….and more!
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
N ort hwester n Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups