At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface copy for field and home office experiences
Support the development, maintenance and documentation of the content strategy
Provide consultation and mentorship to business partners to enhance content and develop clear, consistent, concise copy for field and home office users
Collaborate with research, UX and visual designers, engineers, product managers, and many others to deliver compelling UX solutions
Advocate for solutions that balance the needs of the audience with business objectives
Contribute to the development of content creation and migration processes to support a cohesive content ecosystem
Act as a subject matter expert, facilitating, presenting and rationalizing work to stakeholders. Leverage data and research to evaluate content’s impact
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities :
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing, PR, Digital Media or related field 5 -7 years of previous experience in UX writing and/or content strategy work in a professional setting. Experience working product, marketing or tech organizations, agencies, freelance
- Previous work experience in a large corporate environment is a plus
- Strong writing skills and command of the English language (grammar, spelling and vocabulary)
- Proficient at UX and technical writing
- Ability to adhere to brand voice, tone and style requirements. Familiar or exposed to content strategy methodologies - such as content auditing, defining taxonomies for tagging, governing content, etc.
- Familiar with data-driven approaches that take into consideration business metrics, site assessment, competitive analysis, and research
- Able to communicate sophisticated ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, often at senior levels, to embrace a different point of view; works to build consensus
- Ability to juggle multiple projects; adaptable to ever-changing priorities. Ability to collaborate, seek clarity and work independently to execute on tasks
- Willingness to help teammates and learn from them. Openness to receive feedback/constructive critiques, as well as provide it
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain high levels of output
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups