At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's The Role?
A Content Strategist uses leadership skills and abilities, curated strategy knowledge and gift for language to craft intuitive, delightful product experiences while helping users accomplish their goals while keeping focus on business objectives.
How You'll Do It:
- Provide mentorship for writing clear, consistent, concise user-interface copy for customer, field and home office experiences.
- Lead content strategy methodologies to help plan for the creation, delivery and governance of useful, usable content.
- Guide the development, maintenance and documentation of the content strategy.
- Collaborate with research, UX and visual designers, engineers, product managers, and many others to help deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Advocate for solutions that balance the needs of customers with business objectives.
- Own the development of content processes to support a cohesive content ecosystem.
- Act as a subject matter expert, presents and rationalizes work to stakeholders.
- Global minded when helping to define content strategy for delivering an outstanding experience for different user types.
- Define a clear and repeatable process so others throughout the organization better understand how to work with the content strategy team.
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface copy for customer, field and home office experiences
What You'll Need:
- B.A. in journalism, Communications, English, marketing, PR, digital media or related field
- 6-8 years of previous experience in UX writing and/or content strategy work in product, marketing or tech organizations, agencies, freelance.
- Previous work experience in a large corporate environment is a plus.
- Strong writing skills and command of the English language (grammar, spelling and vocabulary).
- Proficient at UX writing.
- Ability to adhere to brand voice, tone and style requirements.
- Practices content strategy methodologies - such as content auditing, defining taxonomies for tagging, governing content, etc.
- Worked with data-driven approaches that take into consideration-business metrics, site assessment, competitive analysis, and research.
- Ability to balance multiple projects; adaptable to ever-changing priorities. Ability to collaborate, seek transparency and work independently to execute on tasks.
- Willingness to help teammates and learn from them.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain high levels of output.
- Willingness to receive feedback/constructive critiques as well as provide it.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to communicate sophisticated ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to embrace a different point of view
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups