At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
To support the company's financial representatives and their staff by providing them and their clients' professional advisors with expertise in the estate planning, business planning, high net worth, and retirement planning markets and the use of Northwestern Mutual products and services within those markets.
1. Consult with financial representatives and their staff through daily telephone communications.
2. Train financial representatives, their staff, and outside centers of influence at various schools, network office events, and digital events.
3. Research and write content for various Advanced Planning publications, tools and resources, and articles.
4. Lead Advanced Planning projects and company-wide projects on matters important to the advanced markets, including the estate planning, business planning, high net worth, and retirement planning markets.
5. Maintain and grow deep subject matter expertise on tax and legal issues impacting the advanced markets through legal and tax research and analysis of industry trends. Use this knowledge to help drive company strategy.
>Bachelor's degree and JD from accredited law school
Must be licensed to practice law in at least one state (Wisconsin not required)
Minimum of ten years of experience in a law firm or financial services firm
Knowledge and experience in the areas of business planning, estate planning, tax planning, high net worth planning, or retirement planning
Knowledge of or a willingness to understand financial services products and the Northwestern Mutual distribution system.
The ability to comprehend, evaluate and explain complex planning concepts in laymen terms in daily telephone communications and oral presentations, and in written publications.
Series 6 or 7 is permitted but not required.
CLU/ChFC or CFP designation preferred but not required.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups