At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Responsible for collection and analysis of competitive product and financial information relating to positioning of various or specific product lines. Using multiple sources of competitive information, creates materials for use by internal and external audiences, including providing financial analysis of competitors for various or a specific product line and doing research used to influence product management, development and positioning strategies. Perform competitive research and develop resources for use by financial representatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult on competitor-related product and financial developments affecting product management, development, performance and discovery.
- Proactively investigate, research and monitor competitive environment to anticipate competitive risks, gaps and trends that impact company and department strategic and development efforts.
- Create resources and messaging about Northwestern Mutual’s (NM) competitive advantages and differentiate its insurance products.
- Perform in-depth analysis of competitors' product information and financial results to strategically demonstrate the competitive advantages of NM's risk products and address competitive threats.
- Proactively interpret and leverage third-party product and financial analyses to promote NM's competitive advantages.
- Support Assistant Directors and Senior Director with ongoing execution of the Risk Products Market Intelligence Strategy and Plan and responsible for executing initiatives that support it.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Actuarial Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in life insurance or financial services industry.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with insurance products (including annuities); particularly life insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and interpret financial data and other technical information.
- Proven leadership skills with high degree of personal initiative and self-motivation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills, with ability to work within deadlines, prioritize work, and multi-task.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups