At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Manages and develops communication programs, initiatives, and campaigns that align with Northwestern Mutual's strategic corporate communication priorities. These activities advise, educate, and influence a range of target audiences, with focus on the company's employees and contractor base.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Consults with client group department heads on department communication strategy. Plans, manages and implements communication programs, projects and initiatives that align employees with department direction and strategic priorities.
Leads committees and task forces in developing complex communication initiatives that support the department business direction, goals and objectives.
Acts as a resource and may mentor/train communication specialists.
May act as liaison with outside communication contractors.
Administers the measures to evaluate the effectiveness of communication and assess the return on communication investment.
Recommends, develops, implements and maintains communication standards for department. Assures that quality standards are present in departmental communications.
Works independently and receives minimal guidance.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 or more years of experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Demonstrated skill in project management.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to absorb sophisticated information and convert it to an understandable format.
- Ability to adapt style and build consensus with client group leaders.
- Ability to solve sophisticated problems and analyze information from multiple resources to make business decisions.
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups