At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
This is a highly visible role that lives right at the heart of the client experience transformation.
As a highly independent communication strategist you demonstrate creativity, ability to influence and leverage data to make great business decisions.
You will manage and develop communication programs, initiatives, and campaigns that align with Northwestern Mutual's strategic corporate communication priorities. Activities will be primarily focused on informing, educating, and influencing our field on the company's purchase experience as a key driver of our client experience transformation and may include a range of additional target audiences.
How you will do it:
- Consult with client group department heads on communication strategies. Plan, manage and implement communication programs, projects and initiatives that drive progress on strategic field goals to improve our company's purchase experience.
- Lead committees and task forces in developing complex communication initiatives that support the department business direction, goals and objectives.
- Act as a resource and may mentor/train communication specialists.
- May act as liaison with outside communication contractors.
- Administer the measures to evaluate the effectiveness of communication and assess the return on communication investment.
- Recommend, develop, implement, and maintain communication standards for department. Assure that quality standards are present in departmental communications.
- Work independently with minimal guidance.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 or more years of experience in professional communication, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Demonstrated skill in project management.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to absorb complex information and convert it to an understandable format.
- Ability to adapt style and build consensus with client group leaders.
- Ability to solve complex problems and analyze information from multiple resources to make business decisions.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups