At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Assesses, gathers and prepares multiple types of data from a diverse array of sources. Combines and analyzes data through the creation and execution of reports, models, ad hoc requests, dashboards, deliverables, etc for end-users. Ensures data quality, accuracy, consistency, reliability and completeness, analyzes results, and provides potential solutions which impact operations, programs, planning, trends and opportunities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains reports, datasets, ad hoc requests, dashboards, metrics, data generators, etc for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts.
- Determines data needs. Access and extracts data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and create data models by combining, synthesizing and structuring data.
- Conduct data analysis and capture, develop, and document data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements. Collect, analyze, and validate data prior to it being used or stored.
- Utilizing working knowledge, uses analytical tools to perform quantitative analysis. Interpret data, analyze results, and provide insights to address business questions, identifies insights and potential solutions, and highlights interesting findings.
- Ensure data integrity, consistency and reliability by performing quality data audits and analysis. Identify areas of improvement in data collection processes or systems.
- Applies problem solving to improve data analysis capabilities for assigned business area.
- Assists business areas with report and metrics development.
- Shares best practices with peers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
- 3+ years of experience/knowledge in data analysis, reporting or application development.
- Experience and Expertise with PowerBI
- Experience with data in the cloud, experience with AWS Redshift, Aurora, Glue, and Lambda, a plus
- Experience with Data Modeling, a plus
- Ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form for technical audiences.
- Skills in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors and use accurate logic in analysis.
- Initiative to independently design and develop own deliverables while still being a team player.
- Ability to be manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Creative and innovative in problem solving and formulating solutions.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups