At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Responsible for preparing the organization for key product rollouts and maximizing product adoption and growth, while also mitigating barriers and points of friction. Works as strategy and execution partner charged with accelerating Risk Product sales growth for new product introductions and enhancements. Focuses on the people side of change within the field and Home Office and influencing behavior, including efforts with significant people, processes, technology, culture, and/or behavior implications, to realize business outcomes and benefits. Architects integrated change strategies to optimize the change experience across large stakeholder groups. Partners with business leaders to ensure change strategies align with the business strategy and vision. Oversees implementation of change execution strategies in coordination with leaders, stakeholders, sponsors, and project teams. Ensures change plans and strategies achieve their objectives and benefits.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute on the Risk Product vision by developing change strategies to roll out new products, enhance existing products, and prepare for regulatory change impacting the risk product portfolio.
- Lead cross functional teams toward shared business objectives.
- Applies NM change methodology and process to mitigate risks, accelerate adoption, and increase sales.
- Strategic partnership with product line SME to achieve business objectives.
- Identify potential people-related risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop and recommend specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns. Provide insight to project and senior leaders about the potential impact of decisions on the effectiveness of overall change strategy.
- Manage and influence potential impact of changes to people, process, technology, organization, and culture.
- Create and build efficient change management structures that support an integrated delivery approach and provide direction and oversight to one or more change teams to ensure predictable execution and realization of benefits.
- Influence business sponsors and change teams to create integrated deployment strategies and plans. Educate, influence, align, and coach senior business leaders and project teams to create and implement effective change strategies and plans. Influence change execution strategy and approach.
- In partnership with the enterprise change COE, be an active member of the change community to advance change competencies of the company.
- Adopt, integrate, and promote common NM enterprise-wide change process, methodology and language.
- Create, recommend, and implement measurement systems for change success, e.g., quality of user experience, adoption, utilization, performance standards, etc.
- Promote and advocate for the practice of organization change management throughout the enterprise, including seeking and applying external perspective and benchmarking change practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Communication, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 4 years’ experience leading large change management efforts.
- Specialized understanding of how people go through change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and influence others, including executive leadership, toward a common vision.
- Strategic and organizational agility, and enterprise thinking.
- Ability to lead in new and ambiguous situations.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening, root cause identification and interpersonal skills
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups