At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
Within the Tech Engagement team, we are passionate about building, sharing, and celebrating a rewarding employee experience, from first handshake to retirement, making NM a destination for top talent to join and stay. We drive impact and elevate the employee experience through the development of inclusive and engaging workforce experiences and programming. We strive to bring diversity of thought, inclusivity, and accessibility into our work, our programming, and into the Technology function. In this role, you will be expected to deliver plans for complex, cross-functional programming and projects and manage the end-to-end delivery of key initiatives for the Technology function.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates and executes on efforts that drive internal employee and leadership engagement across the Technology Function and enterprise.
- Independently leads moderately sized, medium complexity programs or portfolios. Responsible for managing scope, risk, business value, schedule and budget.
- Manages the end-to-end delivery of key program deliverables such as Revel in Tech Conference, RevelX Program, Tech Town Halls, Culture Enhancers, D&I Initiatives and more.
- Assists in defining objectives to be accomplished by the program team and developing the program plan. Manages programs to ensure appropriate allocation of resources according to program objectives, specifications, deliverables, and changes.
- Makes connections and relationships across the function and enterprise to maintain a pulse on the employee experience and define important work to deliver greater overall employee satisfaction.
- Drives for clarity on program objectives, priorities, and measures. Takes a broad perspective to identify and recommend solutions for program needs.
- Responsible for gathering and delivering metrics required by the program. Uses data to make successes and challenges visible, and to drive insights and action plans to continually adjust and pursue program goals. Leveraging tools and techniques to enable end-to-end value delivery and the best ongoing rollout and ongoing experience.
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking.
- Communicate with key stakeholders on program deliverables and be able to be agile & iterative to produce the highest value program.
- Accountable for identifying, assessing and mitigating program risks and issues, and removing impediments.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in, Business, Project Management or related field preferred OR a significant amount of directly-related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position
- 4 or more years of related experience to include project analysis, design, documentation, project/support management.
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC. Working knowledge of project
- management / agile tooling.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with the ability to establish rapport within the company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with general direction to scope, plan, and manage cross-department or multi-department programs.
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage complex and multiple assignments, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general department policies and industry guidelines.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- High degree of personal initiative and motivation, ability to thrive and be flexible in a constantly evolving ecosystem and drives positive influence across the organization.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions and become the “go to expert” on certain concepts and topics.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups