At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual's regulatory team is looking for a Business IT Regulatory/Security Consultant to join in a direct hire, full time employment capacity!
The Business IT Regulatory and Security Consultant will help ensure that Enterprise Information Risk and Cyber-security department policies and teams are able to effectively respond to industry regulators. They will also assist Northwestern Mutual subsidiaries in responding to regulator requests for information and examinations. This role provides regulatory support as well as risk management consultation. This includes but is not limited to responding to regulatory inquiries, conducting risk assessments, evaluating regulatory preparedness, assisting with board and committee presentations, and facilitating cross department initiatives.
- Develops an understanding of business goals and re-frames risk discussions in business terms
- Is accountable for maintaining team’s operational reporting responsibilities (Dashboard, metrics, issues management, etc.)
- Coordinates and crafts knowledge base documentation allowing for proactive data collection and faster regulatory responses
- Consults with business partners regarding information security program to drive good risk decisions
- Keeps up to date on emerging technology, security and privacy trends and solutions
- Is able to evaluate, understand, and communicate the full IT and Security regulatory landscape
- Coordinate and deliver regulatory responses
- Participate in regulatory readiness assessments
- Assist with preparation of board level materials as it relates to information protection, information risk and privacy
- Participate in business information protection risk assessments
Candidates will be evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate a proven track record of proficiency at the following proficiencies:
- Ability to develop a full and deep understanding of the business operations and regulatory expectations
- Developed understanding of how business initiatives add new value and risk for organizations
- Good ability to convey sophisticated risk and security issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
- Solid background in core planning and metrics tooling and methodologies (SharePoint, Excel, Trello, Confluence, Service Now)
- Ability to work in an environment with changing priorities and multiple partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with regulated financial entities a plus
- Experience with Information Risk Management a plus
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups