At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and growing. We're going through a digital technology transformation and are making major improvements to the ways our employees experience their work! Come help us build for the future.
What's The Role?
Supports assigned clients in enterprise-wide business intelligence applications, providing reports, models and tools to respond to a variety of business needs. With a keen understanding and ability to prioritize data and information requirements in the development of outstanding and ad hoc analytical data, you will: capture and interpret business needs; negotiate timelines and deliverables; identify available internal and external data sources; develop and execute reporting solutions to meet business needs; gather and handle large volumes of data; perform sophisticated data analysis and interpret results to reveal actionable new business insights; use analytical skills to solve sophisticated problems and execute on strategic priorities; research new technology and develop business cases to support enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions; builds testing methodology criteria, reporting, data standards, and governance.
What You'll Do:
Gather and assess business needs. Identify available internal and external data resources to develop and deliver reporting solutions, including unique / ad hoc analytical information.
- Work with all levels of the organization to analyze sophisticated business issues, interpret data to tackle business problems, measure strategy and assess results.
- Use technical skills to access and extract data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and implement large, sophisticated data models and reporting solutions by combining, synthesizing and structuring data from a wide variety of sources.
- Understand data that already exists and how to use it, and if data needs to change, how to do it best to best fit business needs.
- Apply creative problem solving and inter-departmental networking to address short term data and reporting needs.
- Accountable for understanding business/functional specifications, completing analysis, partnering with other areas to determine design and to deliver vital information.
- Responsible for the development of processes to minimize cost, support maintainability and find solutions which become best practices.
- Understand and assesses the impact of change on applications /systems to support and maintain performance and availability.
- Develop standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure and attributes of business intelligence tools and systems.
- Take initiative to craft and implement solutions based on interpretation of business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics.
- Summarize analysis into user-friendly deliverables by translating technical, detailed data into business-appropriate communications.
- Accountable for sharing best practices with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, patterns, standards, processes and application technologies to bring efficiency, consistency and maintainability to applications.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, Accounting, Finance, math, statistics, business or related field.
- 5-7 years experience in progressively responsible roles in systems, client computing or data analysis roles.
- Expertise in one or more development or analytical tools such as Cognos, SAS, SQL, SQL based ETL, MS Excel, SPSS, Visual Basic, TSO, Unix, JCL or other tool.
- Subject matter expertise with data modeling and business intelligence reporting.
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to solve sophisticated problems and to anticipate business issues and complete strategic priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form at an appropriate level for a business audience.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
Flexible working arrangements! Tuition reimbursement paid time off, paid volunteer days, and caregiver time off. Highly competitive compensation that includes base salary plus bonus Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k) and company pension program.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here (http://careers.northwesternmutual.com/colorado-and-remote-workers-compensation-and-benefits/) for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups