At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
We are seeking a passionate Business Information Security Consultant who will provide information risk management support and consultation to Northwestern Mutual's Wealth and Investment Management subsidiaries. This includes but not limited to assisting in regulatory inquiries, conducting risk assessments, assisting with board and committee presentations and facilitating cross department initiatives.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Develops an understanding of the subsidiaries business goals and re-frames risk discussions in business terms
- Consults with business partners regarding information security program to drive good risk decisions
- Professionally engages technology leadership in conversations that optimally communicate compliance needs
- Keeps up to date on emerging technology, security and privacy trends and solutions
- Is able to evaluate, understand, and communicate the full risk landscape
- Organizes and creates knowledge base documentation
- Assist with preparation of board level materials as it relates to information protection, cybersecurity and information risk
- Identify opportunities to automate and standardize information security controls and for the supported LOBs.
- Improve the efficacy of governance processes by identifying risks, monitoring controls, and remediating issues
- Ensure risk exceptions are raised, registered and closed on a timely basis and communicate updates to the relevant standards.
- Escalate significant risks to the BIS leadership for information or required actions.
- Provide technical guidance to application owners on the creation of Management Action Plans (MAP) for identified non-compliant issues.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate a proven track record of proficiency at the following competencies:
- Ability to develop a full and deep understanding of the business operations and regulatory expectations
- Developed understanding of how business initiatives create value and risk for organizations
- Good ability to convey complex information risk and security issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable and constructively challenges prevailing thoughts and processes
- Able to consistently, effectively defend ideas and solutions
- Solid understanding of the information risk management process
- Able to effectively analyze risk within the context of business problems
- Demonstrable ability to influence without authority
- High level of organization and project management skills
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required
- Three or more years of experience in information systems or information risk management with a demonstrated knowledge in technologies and processes
- Strong data analytic skills with experience utilizing various solutions for data visualization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good ability to independently identify and resolve critical and complex issues through effective problem solving skills
- Solid ability to maintain and strengthen relationships; ability to effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external partners
- Proven organizational savvy with demonstrated tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability in dealing with ambiguity
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups