At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
New Business Solutions Overview:
The New Business Solutions team will enable the future purchase process, supporting home office operations from application submission and processing through policy reporting and delivery requirements.
Case Management space (Review and Decide/Delivery) to support processes such as task management and workflow, exam scheduling, post approval processing, NIGO reduction, etc.
Risk Assessment Space to support UW Rules Assessment, Automation, Model advancements, workflow, etc.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Leads the development of Business Requirements. Identifying, understanding, and documenting the current state, opportunities for improvement and future state business processes to meet business objectives. Includes problem definition, cost benefit analysis and options analysis. Scope of efforts will cross departments and/or business functions. Accountable for eliciting, analyzing, representing, and validating complex business needs at the appropriate level of detail to create requirements to achieve business objectives. Identifies options and negotiates to achieve consensus to meet enterprise business needs.
Establishes relationships. Accountable to provide consultation for the most complex issues. Coordinates the resolution of multiple issues and/or solution workarounds to keep the operation functioning or respond to service requests. Negotiates and communicates with business clients, vendors, field, and leadership to develop strong relationships to ensure objectives are addressed and expectations are managed.
Planning, prioritizing, and coordinating . Efforts may include support, enhancements and small or large projects for future efforts to meet business objectives. Accountable for providing information and analysis for the business including ad-hoc reporting and measures and metrics to support the business decision making process.
Testing . Accountable for participating in client acceptance testing, training and communication needs to ensure successful implementation.
· Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business, or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required
· Six or more years of experience/knowledge of business operations/processes of our exclusive distribution system
· Significant knowledge of NM field operational processes and supporting technology
· Demonstrated confidence and willingness to challenge intuition and status quo based on own fact-based insights
· Knowledgeable in current policies, practices, and ability to anticipate future trends affecting the business unit from a systems and process perspective
· Proven ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels
· Proven ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations to include settling differences
· Excellent communication skills focused on facilitation of meetings; ability to deliver informative, well-organized documentation and presentations and ability to effectively communicate in difficult and sensitive situations
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups