At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
Reporting to the, Sr. Director of Talent & Leadership Development in Field Talent, as the Business Consultant, Teaming and Talent Management, you play a supporting role in managing the organizational design and development of the advisor teaming platform and consulting framework. You will provide project management expertise and consultation to business in order to meet department and cross department goals. As well as plan monitor and manage internal projects/programs from initiation through completion.
- Familiarity in one or more of NM’s Practice Management content areas including human capital, transition/succession, practice efficiency, and/or related.
- Support in helping the Teaming group improve the client experience, overall quality of the interaction, best practice sharing and improvement opportunities.
- Coordinating with Practice Management Managers on content development, execution, communication, adoption, and gathering feedback. Recognizes challenges and recommends process improvement.
- Supports the design and delivery of materials related to subject matter expertise related to advisor teaming, talent management, and thematic/topical content
- Work with CD strategic partners, acting as a main point of contact in content development, coordination and communication.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and revising project/program deliverables. Responsible for gathering and delivering metrics as required by the project/program.
- Understands the key business drivers as they relate to the projects/programs. Adapts to the various internal procedures and forms close links with the business partner representatives, ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, scope and above all, client satisfaction, can be realized.
- Explains information and persuades others in straightforward situations. Effectively interact and influence project teams and business partners to provide acceptable solutions and results.
- Acts as a liaison to facilitate an understanding and partnership between business clients. Manages the resources and vendors assigned to their projects by verifying progress and removing obstacles.
- Gathers and delivers day-to-day progress of a project/program as it relates to managing scope, schedule, and quality in order to support project management decisions and compliance with Company approved methodology and required deliverables.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in process and project management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the core areas of talent management (e.g. teaming, talent mobility, talent review, org design, succession, career paths, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of basic compensation elements for advisors and field leaders
- Ability to work with general direction to scope, plan and manage cross-department or multi-department projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage large and highly complex assignments.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Seen as a team player and is supportive of group decisions and ideas.
- Written and oral communications skills with the ability to build rapport within the company, field and /or outside vendors.
- High degree of personal initiative and motivation.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups