At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Business Consultant, you'll be called upon to think strategically. You'll work across functions and/or departments to understand the needs of the business, facilitating relationships between business clients and technical resources. With a focus on addressing business processes and the underlying systems that support those processes, you will identify options, work to gain consensus on approach, develop requirements and related business rules, and work closely with business unit and technology subject matter experts to implement solutions for solving complex business challenges. Confident, persuasive, and persistent, you will negotiate and communicate with business clients, vendors, and field-based employees to ensure expectations are managed and critical objectives are addressed. Upon solution implementation, you will drive organizational change management activities to promote adoption of the change and minimize impact to people and processes.
- Accountable for identifying, understanding and documenting the current state, opportunities for improvement and future state business processes in order to meet business objectives. Includes problem definition, cost benefit analysis and options analysis. Scope of efforts may cross departments and/or business functions.
- Accountable for eliciting, analyzing, representing and validating complex business needs to create requirements in order to achieve business objectives. Identifies options and negotiates to achieve consensus in order to meet enterprise business needs.
- Accountable to provide consultation for the most complex issues. Coordinates the resolution of multiple issues and/or solution work-arounds in order to keep the operation functioning or respond to service requests. Negotiates and communicates with business clients, vendors, field and leadership to develop strong relationships to ensure objectives are addressed and expectations are managed.
- Accountable for planning, prioritizing and coordinating future efforts in order to meet business objectives. Efforts may include support, enhancements and small or large projects.
Accountable for identifying and managing client acceptance testing, training and communication needs in order to ensure successful implementations.
- Accountable for managing organizational change management activities in order to promote adoption of the change and minimize impacts to people and processes.
- Accountable for leading, coaching and mentoring other staff members in order to ensure quality deliverables.
- Accountable for providing information and analysis for the business including ad-hoc reporting and measures and metrics in order to support the business decision making process.
This position will be focused on the Investment Client Services domain. Investment operations experience is desired.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required
- Six or more years of experience/knowledge of business operations/processes to include analysis, design, documentation, using industry best practices and standards
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively managing and prioritizing large or complex concurrent assignments
- Proven ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels.
- Proven ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups to include settling differences
- Excellent communication skills focused on facilitation of meetings; ability to deliver informative, well-organized documentation and presentations and ability to effectively communicate in difficult and sensitive situations
- Knowledgeable in current policies, practices, and ability to anticipate future trends affecting the business unit from a systems and process perspective
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups