At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. The Career Distribution (CD) function is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
The Practice Management Team at Northwestern Mutual is the preferred partner our most sophisticated advisors utilize to help build, grow, and transition their integrated, multi-generational firms. With exclusive access to resources and strategic partners, we equip advisors - as business owners - with solutions designed to help them achieve their most important objectives, including human capital, business mergers & acquisitions, continuity & transitions, onboarding of new ensembles (formal ownership and team model) and supporting evolution of existing ensembles.
As a Practice Management Business Consultant, you will work with the Senior Director, Practice Management, team members, internal business partners, and strategic industry partners to provide your expertise in release and change management tools and best practices. As we introduce new and evolve existing practice management tools, processes, and services in support of our top sophisticated advisors and their teams, you will provide guidance, help develop and execute robust change plans, recommendations for stakeholder communications, and impact assessments in support of awareness and adoption targets. As a leader on the team you will set direction and provide guidance for the team to ensure there is consistency and cohesiveness in our deliverables so that our advisors will receive a best in class experience.
- Serve as the team’s deep subject matter expert on change and release management.
- Accountable for identifying, understanding, and documenting strong release and change management plans throughout the lifecycle of developing new and evolved tools, processes, and services. Align with Northwestern Mutual and Career Distribution change process and standards.
- Scope of efforts will cross departments and/or business functions. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our release and communication plans are addressing needs far ahead of implementations.
- Accountable to provide consultation for complex efforts. Establish and maintain standards for consulting and training materials that business owners will adhere to for consistency and cohesiveness across Practice Management/Practice Models.
- Organize and maintain a framework for delivering consulting and training materials for internal stakeholders who are working directly with our sophisticated advisors and their teams.
- Negotiate and communicate with business partners, strategic industry partners, field, and leadership to develop strong relationships to ensure change and release objectives are addressed and expectations are managed.
- Maintain an overall view of roadmap/portfolio. In conjunction with other leaders, facilitate team stand-ups, planning, prioritizing, and coordinating future efforts.
Bring your best! What this role needs :
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or progressively responsible work experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in financial services or other business, finance, and marketing functions
- Significant knowledge and demonstrated application of change and release management methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to deal with ambiguity, challenge intuition and status quo based on own fact-based insights
- Knowledgeable in current policies, practices, and ability to anticipate future trends affecting the business unit
- Proven ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels
- Proven ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations to include settling differences
- Excellent communication skills focused on facilitation of meetings; ability to deliver informative, well-organized documentation and presentations and ability to effectively communicate in difficult and sensitive situations
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups