At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Are you looking for a role with huge organizational impact? We at Northwestern Mutual are seeking a hardworking and experienced Business Analyst to support the delivery of Illustrations by working with backend applications that integrate or exchange data with the Illustrations application. Illustrations are key, and every new and existing customer sees them before deciding on a Northwestern Mutual product to select for their future security.
This individual will work on our multi-functional team of product managers, engineers, test engineers, and business analysts using Agile methodology to deliver on outcomes.
A foundation of business and technical fundamentals should be complemented by soft skills in building relationships, effectively eliciting and documenting requirements, critical problem-solving skills, and working toward shared goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business Expertise: Partners with peer group, business partners and product management to learn business area/domain, while continuing to learn and grow knowledge across the enterprise.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Document and assess current state in a few processes, or single business area / domain. Assist with task-based work items in more complex situations.
- Capture Requirements: Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with low to medium complexity while participating in some task-based work in higher complexity situations. Assist throughout the development process as required.
- Test Plan Review: Assist with coordinating and reviewing test plans for smaller or non-complex efforts. Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.)
- Project Management : Ability to use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Experience working with external integrations vendors or internal integrations partners
- 3-5 years of experience with business / industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with an Agile development environment
- Ability to tackle problems in sophisticated situations; analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment
- Self-directed and detailed, with creative brainstorming skills
- Ability to use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups