At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Are you looking for a role with huge organizational impact? Northwestern Mutual is seeking a hardworking and experienced Business Analyst to support the delivery of calculations using requirements gathering, user story refinement, test plans, and values verification across our Illustrations Calculations business unit. Calculations are core to all illustrations that every new and existing customer sees before deciding on a Northwestern Mutual product.
This individual will work on our cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and subject matter experts using Agile methodology to deliver on outcomes. We work in 2-week sprints, allowing us to reflect, see trends sooner, and adapt more often.
A good foundation of business and technical fundamentals should be complemented by soft skills in building relationships, effectively eliciting and documenting requirements, critical problem-solving skills, and working toward shared goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work cross functionally to identify the impact of various calculations and formulas on illustrated values of Northwestern products.
- Learn and be able to test the accuracy of product values such as dividends, rate of return, cash surrender value, etc; creating testing tools that show year over year performance
- Document and assess current state in a few processes, or single business area / domain. Assist with task-based work items in more complex situations
- Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests
- Author user stories and features independently while participating in bug investigations and ad hoc fixes
- Assist throughout the development process as required
- Assist with coordinating and reviewing test plans
- Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.)
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Propensity for calculations and ability to understand financial projection concepts.
- Demonstrated experience with logical thinking
- 1-3 years of experience with business / industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with an Agile development environment
- Ability to tackle problems in complex situations; analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment
- Self-directed and detailed, with creative brainstorming skills
- Ability to use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups