At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Do you love solving complex business problems with digital/technical solutions? We are seeking a hardworking and experienced Business Analyst to support the billing and payment servicing capabilities for our Insurance products. As a Business Analyst, you will dive deep and define business requirements for strategic, transformational efforts and risk product initiatives to advance our billing and payment experiences. You will work on a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers and subject matter experts in an agile methodology to deliver on our outcomes. A foundation of business and technical fundamentals should be complemented by soft-skills in building relationships, effectively eliciting and documenting requirements, critical problem-solving skills, and working toward shared goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Business Expertise: Partner with peer group, business partners and product management to learn business area/domain, while continuing to learn and grow knowledge across the enterprise.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Document and assess current state in a few processes, or single business area / domain and provide recommendations for future state.
- Gather Requirements: Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with low to medium complexity while participating in some task-based work in higher complexity situations. Assist throughout the development process as needs arise.
- Partner with Engineering Teams: Understand the changes required for a given project and answer questions or assist the engineers when issues arise.
- Test Plan Review: Assist with creating, coordinating and reviewing test plans. Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.)
- Project Management : Use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years prior experience in industry or business.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and build collaborative relationships. Basic ability to pull a mix of people and skill-sets together for a common purpose and goal.
- Accountability for high quality, value-driven work; place the user in the center of decision making, embrace continuous learning, curious and voice opinions, and take personal accountability.
- Ability to lean on strong communication skills to influence outcomes while approaching conflict with organizational savviness.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgment and precedents.
- Embrace and deal with ambiguity with strong analytical and communication skills. Know how to use data to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity. Ability to track down answers when they are not known upfront.
- Deep understanding of the business area you support. Knowledge of Northwestern Mutual’s billing and payments systems and/or processes is a plus.
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups