At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Business Analyst supporting Annuity Digital Products , you will dig deep into a specific business area and help define the details of how to drive business results through technology. You will work on a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and subject matter experts in an agile methodology to deliver on outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities :
Business Expertise: Partners with peer group, business partners and product management to learn business area/domain, while continuing to learn and grow knowledge across the enterprise.
Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis : Document and assess current state in a few processes, or single business area / domain. Assist with task-based work items in more complex situations.
Gather Requirements: Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests.
Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with low to medium complexity while participating in some task-based work in higher complexity situations. Assist throughout the development process as needs arise.
Test Plan Review: Assist with coordinating and reviewing test plans for smaller or non-complex efforts. Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.)
Project Management : Ability to use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work
- Work on with structured data to query and dissect data using tools such as SQL, PowerBI and DB2 via Host Explorer
- Work with Mainframe and Batch processing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities :
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies such as SQL, PowerBI, DB2, Mainframe and Batch Processing
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 Years Prior Experience in industry or business (experience with annuities preferred.)
- Knowledge of Annuity Products and Supporting Systems is preferred.
- Ability to lean on strong communication skills to influence outcomes while approaching conflict with organizational savviness
- Domain expertise via previous internships or similar roles in the past.
- Certifications demonstrating mastery of role specific competencies
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, data analytics, judgment and precedents
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups