At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
Advisor Desktop is built for NM’s top Advisors, therefore it is critical that we hire and develop individuals that work well with the field and can effectively translate user value and/or user pain points into sophisticated digital solutions through close partnership with Design and Engineering resources. The Product team owns the vision and roadmap for end-to-end experiences for the Field, that bring together multiple disparate capabilities (and their data) in our ecosystem under a single, integrated user experience. Furthermore, we are looking to integrate existing and critical experiences into the Advisor Desktop and expanding the tool further to additional field users. As a Business Analyst, you will dig deep into a specific business area and help define the details of how to drive business results through technology. You will work on a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and subject matter experts in an agile methodology to deliver on outcomes.
As a BA in the Advisor Desktop team, you would be working closely with the Product Manager and other cross-functional team members to develop a solution that will empower sophisticated advisors and their teams to develop holistic relationships and grow an enduring practice through the delivery of comprehensive advice that improves personal financial confidence.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business Expertise: Partners with peer group, business partners and product management to learn business area/domain, while continuing to learn and grow knowledge across the enterprise.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Document and assess current state in a few processes, or single business area / domain. Assist with task-based work items in more complex situations.
- Gather Requirements: Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with low to medium complexity while participating in some task-based work in higher complexity situations. Assist throughout the development process as needs arise.
- Test Plan Review: Assist with coordinating and reviewing test plans for smaller or non-complex efforts. Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.)
- Project Management : Ability to use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 1-3 years of prior experience with at least 1 working in a Business Analyst role
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Must have demonstrated some cross functional work in previous experience
- Ability to lean on strong communication skills to influence outcomes while approaching conflict with organizational savviness
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments
- Experience in financial services industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups