At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This position will work closely with key infrastructure teams, business partners and vendors to engineer and maintain a reliable, secure and efficient storage infrastructure primarily focused on enterprise backup systems. A successful candidate will bring a general understanding of enterprise backup and general storage technologies as well as automation tools and best practices.
- Apply engineering best practices to develop, evaluate and implement backup solutions.
- Support third party vendor backup software and storage hardware, including configuration, upgrades, patches, enhancement, etc.
- Apply automation and scripting solutions to drive towards zero-touch infrastructure management.
- Act as a technical advisor and specialist for internal partners
- Closely follow industry trends relevant to your domain and understand how to apply them to your work as appropriate.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other engineering and support team members.
- Able to move between diverse tasks and roles with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you for your user’s experience.
- Exhibits the following competencies: accountable for high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making, teams up and collaborates for speed, agility, and innovation; embraces continuous learning, is curious, embraces ambiguity, voices opinions; and takes personal accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in backup systems engineering. Other storage experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with automation and configuration management tools including git, ansible and one or more scripting languages
- Working knowledge of VMware, Windows, UNIX operating systems.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups