At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
As the Digital Workplace team at Northwestern Mutual, we envision a work environment with digital capabilities that are a motivation to realizing our company strategy while aligning with experiences that our workforce finds most valuable in their personal lives.
We are looking for a leader to join our growing team as we set and deliver on a rapidly expanding vision for the Northwestern Mutual’s live event broadcast and event production teams. This leader will manage and supervise the engineering, development and technical operations for broadcast and large event productions and production facilities. This leader will be accountable for partnering with key stakeholders to ensure the technology meets the needs of our users.
Systems for which this role is entrusted to manage includes but not limited to:
- Evertz Audio and Video routing and distribution
- Ross graphics systems and Epiphan video encoders
- Video switching products such as Barco and Roland
- Yamaha Audio Mixing
Architecture & Engineering
- Develop and manage a broadcast engineering team that builds, maintains and continually evolves Northwestern Mutual’s broadcast architecture and infrastructure
- Evaluate solutions portfolio against third party offerings
- Support the transition to next generation architectures and validates new systems meet security and regulatory requirements
Collaboration & Partnerships
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with engineering teams, operations teams, and third-party vendors to develop long term strategy, product development and implementation roadmaps
- Maintain a communication link between your team, Multimedia Solutions and other departments by partnering to resolve issues and communicating feedback to management to improve processes/services/solutions
Leading and Developing People
- Inspire a culture of continuous learning, especially in emerging technologies
- Champion career development programs to retain top talent
- Build and motivate high performing teams to deliver high quality products
- Deliberately create an environment that fosters the development of all-star team players
- Lead a team of system engineers and AV operations specialists
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years professional experience
- Hands on experience working as a Manager/Senior Engineer in a Broadcast facility
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Solid understanding of networking protocols. Fluent in understanding how routing/switching works
- Familiarity with on-prem and cloud-based storage and compute infrastructure platforms that power the modern broadcasting environment
- Knowledge of major broadcast systems and the vendors that supply them in areas such as routing, storage, graphics, transcoding, playout, master control, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud workflows (certification from any major cloud provider a plus)
- Strong communication and project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and technical troubleshooting skills are essential
- Ability to work effectively across different projects and manage teams of engineers
- Ability to translate business and operation requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to problem-solve and commit to results through others. Ability to lay out a solution and break it down into parts to allow for delivery through teams
- You will coach and mentor less experienced engineers, along with assigning stretch assignments, and create development plans with reports.
- Experience with modern infrastructure, hybrid infrastructure, PaaS, SaaS, and specific and specialized experience in technologies within domain accountabilities.
- Minimum 4 years' experience planning, organizing and managing activities of others as direct reports or lead of specific project tracks, product teams.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups