At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This role will report directly to the Sr Director – WIRX Product Integration. As Assistant Director, you will lead a team of product owners committed to creating awareness and adoption of WIRX’s portfolio of digital capabilities. These services – including marketing and training, end user experience research, digital asset management, and the Digital Ambassador program – are our “product.” They combine to help create exceptional technology experiences for members of the home office and field.
The ideal candidate works closely with engineering, product and EX/FX stakeholders as the key leaders responsible for the planning, execution and ongoing maintenance of digital product programs and services. They use their commitment to strategic partnerships, collaboration expertise, and customer obsession to lead efforts that transform the workforce’s digital experience. Key responsibilities include driving the department’s marketing and training programs; understanding and advocating for our customers, instilling confidence in technology, and influencing product outcomes based on voice of customer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Vision: Helps sets the mid-term (1-2 year) vision of a product portfolio (multiple programs/services) including how they will produce business outcomes. Responsible for cultivating an environment of understanding the products. Manages the full product life cycle from strategic planning, building and execution, maintenance and support to end of life retirement.
- Goals: Sets the product objectives and key results/outcomes for a product (program/service). Aligns the team around a common set of goals based on awareness/adoption outcomes.
- Roadmap: Accountable for providing high-level direction that illustrates the epics and features that will be delivered across a portfolio of products or platform and how it integrates with other cross functional team efforts.
- Requirements: Accountable for gathering higher level, more complex product requirements and have a general understanding/knowledge of products they are responsible for. Reviews and validates requirements gathered within the team.
- Defines the Product: Identifies and validates problems and/or opportunities for multiple user groups/scenarios across the company. Aligns stakeholders and documents high-level business requirements or manages vendor relationships and any applicable requests.
- Communication: Collaborates cross functionally with business partners including engineering, product, design and EX/FX to allow for the smooth and efficient flow of product activities.
- Data & Customer Research: Specifies the market requirements in relation to the business' product for both existing and future products (programs/services) based on market research realized through interactions with the clients, consumers and prospective users. Uses data and marketplace research to prioritize and create business cases for the development and implementation of strategies for internal customers.
- Prioritization: Responsible for setting goals for both products (programs/services) and team members. Accountable for helping teams track progress against Key Results and helps balance priorities with corporate strategic initiatives or the introduction of new products.
- Leadership: Creates the future by fostering an engaging environment and encouraging accountability and development. Breaks down barriers so individuals and teams can be accountable and responsible to do their best. Aligns employees' passion to business value outcomes.
- Data Driven: Builds a culture of making data driven decisions that influence business, engineering and other stakeholders to model this behavior.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Training & Development, UX Design or an equivalent technical or business field.
- 9+ years leading and delivering marketing, comms, training and/or UX on technology-oriented product lines.
- Working knowledge of modern techniques in product discovery and delivery.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and technical discussions.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups