At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we’re changing the way people think about financial planning with the scale of a Fortune 90 company. We’re redefining and reinventing the industry and changing people’s financial lives with better experiences and better technology. We believe in building inclusive, and diverse workplaces, where every voice is heard. Come help us build for the future!
Leads several product managers and business analysts that are asked to solve hard problems for both customers and the business. Works most closely with engineering and design as the key product leaders responsible for the execution, shipping and ongoing maintenance of digital products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Vision: Sets the mid-term (1-2 year) vision of a product portfolio including how they will produce business outcomes. Responsible for encouraging an environment of understanding the products. Leads the full product life cycle from strategy, building and execution, maintenance and support to end of life retirement!
- Goals: Sets the product objectives and key results for a product. Aligns the engineering and design team around a common set of goals based on shipping product features.
- Roadmap: Accountable for providing high-level direction that illustrates the epics and features that will be delivered across a portfolio of products or platform and how it integrates with other cross functional team efforts.
- Requirements: Accountable for capturing higher level, more sophisticated product requirements and have a general understanding/knowledge of products they are responsible for. Reviews and validates requirements captured within team.
- Defines the Product: Identifies and validates problems and/or opportunities for multiple user groups/scenarios across the company. Aligns stakeholders and documents high-level business requirements or handles vendor relationships and any applicable request for proposal (RFP) or proof of concept (POC) processes.
- Communication: Collaborates cross functionally with business partners including engineering, marketing, design and sales to allow for the smooth and efficient flow of product activities.
- Data & Customer Research: Specifies the market requirements in relation to the business' product for both existing and future products based on market research realized through interactions with the clients, consumers and prospective users. Uses data and marketplace research to prioritize and build business cases for the development and implementation of product strategies for both internal and external customers.
- Prioritization: Responsible for setting long term goals for both products and team members. Accountable for helping teams track progress against Key Results and helps balance priorities with corporate strategic initiatives or the introduction of new products.
- Leadership: Crafts the future by fostering an engaging environment and encourage accountability and development. Breaks down barriers so individuals and teams can be accountable and responsible to do their best. Aligns' employee's passion to business value outcomes.
- 9+ years of working as a product manager on technology-powered product teams.
- Solid understanding of modern techniques in product discovery and delivery.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and deep technical discussions.
- Experience using Business Intelligence dashboards and tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker etc).
- Certification or course-completion in agile methods (General Assembly, Pragmatic Marketing, SVPGc.).
- 3+ years of formal people management experience managing other product managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent technical, business or financial field.
Adobe Analytics - Intermediate
Agile Methodologies - Advanced
Atlassian JIRA - Advanced
Backlog Management - Advanced
Business Cases - Intermediate
Continuous Improvement (CI) - Intermediate
Daily Scrum - Advanced
Data Analysis - Intermediate
Industry Benchmarking - Advanced
Microsoft Power BI - Intermediate
Product Demonstrations - Intermediate
Product Management - Advanced
Product Roadmapping - Advanced
Requirements Gathering - Advanced
Structured Query Language (SQL) - Intermediate
Storytelling - Intermediate
Technical Writing - Advanced
User Research - Advanced
Wireframing - Advanced
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups