At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Focuses on the people side of change and influencing behavior, including change efforts with significant people, process, culture, and/or behavior implications, with or without technology factors, in order to realize business outcomes and benefits. Architects integrated change strategies across a broad portfolio of change initiatives to optimize the change experience across large stakeholder groups, e.g., field and home office. Partners with business leaders to ensure change strategies align with the business strategy and vision. Oversees implementation of org change execution strategies in coordination with leaders, stakeholders, sponsors, project and outcome managers, and other project personnel (e.g., org change leads, etc.). Represents users and stakeholders to ensure plans and strategies achieve their objectives and benefits. Influences, coaches, and drives results through others.
- Architecting and deploying integrated change best practices and strategies for organizational and field change that promote adoption and optimize the realization of business benefits across a broad portfolio of change initiatives that impact one or more large stakeholder groups. Ensuring coordinated delivery in order to optimize the change experience for affected stakeholder groups. Includes taking into account and managing potential impact of changes to people, organization, and culture, e.g., performance management expectations, organizational design (organizational structure, job definitions, etc.), culture definition, and behavioral expectations.
- In partnership with the enterprise change COE, be an active member of the change community to advance the change competencies of the company.
- Adopt and promote common NM enterprise-wide change process, methodology and language in application on projects.
- Partnering with business leadership across multiple departments and functions to design planning and program delivery approaches that promote user centric business solutioning, and to ensure change strategies align with the business strategy and vision
- Providing input to business sponsors and change teams to create integrated deployment strategies and plans. Influencing org change execution strategy and approach across project structures and associated leadership. Includes providing insight to project and senior leaders about the potential impact of project decisions on the effectiveness of the overall change strategy. May include creating and building efficient change management program structures that support an integrated delivery approach, as well as providing direction and oversight to one or more change teams to ensure predictable execution and realization of benefits.
- Actively and visibly educating, influencing, aligning, and coaching senior business leaders and project leaders to create and implement effective change strategies and plans.
- Creating and recommending measurement systems for change success, e.g., quality of user experience, adoption, utilization, performance standards, etc.
- Promoting and advocating for the practice of organization change management throughout the enterprise, including seeking and applying external perspective and benchmarking change practices.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in business, Human Resources, communication, or technology, or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 4 years experience leading large organizational change management efforts, change management planning, and/or integrating change with project, communication, and training plans.
- A solid understanding of how people go through change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Ability to stand alone in support of and advocacy for the recipient(s) of change.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and influence others, including executive leadership, toward a common vision.
- Strategic agility, perspective, managing vision and purpose, organizational agility, and enterprise thinking
- Ability to lead in new and ambiguous situations.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening, root cause identification and interpersonal skills
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups