At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Identity and Access Management (IAM), a strategic thought leader who will shape the future of our security infrastructure. This pivotal role requires a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in IAM, demonstrating a clear understanding of the landscape's evolution, its challenges, and opportunities. The successful candidate will strategize, plan, and oversee the implementation of our comprehensive IAM initiatives. In addition, this role includes managing and coaching a team of IAM engineers, encouraging professional growth while promoting a collaborative, high-performing culture. The Assistant Director of IAM is expected to keep pace with the latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and emerging security threats, ensuring our IAM strategies are up-to-date and robust. Exceptional communication skills are essential as the role involves working with various internal and external stakeholders, articulating complex IAM strategies, and securing necessary investments. The individual should also demonstrate a continuous commitment to refining our IAM practices to boost efficiency, security, and user experience across the organization. If you're an experienced leader passionate about IAM and eager to make a significant impact, we invite you to apply
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the strategy and vision for CIAM team
- Works without supervision on large, complex IAM projects
- A passionate leader within the IAM organization with the expectation to represent IAM outside the IAM domain. Freely shares IAM knowledge and testing techniques to others within and outside domain. Is considered a guide in Identity and Access Management technologies.
- Contributes to the innovation of software development within IAM domain
- Contributes to the innovation of new IAM solutions
- Leads software design on largest, most sophisticated projects driving significant innovation.
- Brings digital strategy to life across functional lines.
- Recognized as a company or industry leader with vision in the engineering subject area.
- Regularly monitoring the security community for, and researching, the latest assessment and exploit methodologies. This work is concluded by sharing the information
- Mentors all professional levels.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- 6-8 years of hands on CIAM experience
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
- 8+years of experience.
- Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc).
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Experience in the following domains: SSO/Federation, Active Directory, Azure, AWS, Sailpoint IIQ, Privileged Access, Access Certifications
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams
- Proven ability to identify and set security practices.
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Proven track record to prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups