At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
Part of a team of financial professionals that design plans and implement solutions for clients with complex planning needs. Provides in-depth case consultation and strategy, reviews legal, tax and financial documentation, and delivers customized comprehensive financial plans. Uses financial planning expertise to develop and deliver customized plans for high-net-worth clients and businesses. Must bring financial planning acumen, strong communication and influence skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Active collaboration with team members and elite wealth management advisors to build financial plans with an emphasis on estate, business succession, tax optimization and executive compensation strategies.
- Analyze clients’ financial statuses to build strategies and drive client decision making.
- Examine and position financial solutions with focus on Northwestern Mutual’s approach of integrating investments and life insurance.
- Present to advisors and clients, often in a lead role, to enable client decision making.
- Build and leverage relationships with other areas of the company to address unique client circumstances in the high-net-worth marketplace and ensure seamless delivery of financial plans.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, economics, or accounting. Must have CPA designation
- Minimum of 8 years of financial planning and tax planning experience; preferably in a consulting role supporting clients, Financial Advisors, and Private Client Group Advisors
- Existing knowledge and willingness to deepen in areas including tax optimization, estate, business planning or high net worth strategies .
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with client-oriented approach to translate the complex to understandable business solutions
- Proven ability to develop trusting relationships with financial advisors
- Advanced skills with financial planning software and/or excel desired
- Advanced designation such as CFA, CFP preferred
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 6 - FINRA, Series 7 - FINRA
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
N ort hwester n Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups