At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and field organization as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our field organization/distribution system team needs and deserves.
Financial Planning Services (FPS) is a Shared Business Service that provides integrated financial planning and investment support to advisors and Network Office teams. This role is responsible for developing and leading the execution of the strategic direction of our "direct to advisor" models. This role manages and evolves the full support consulting model and team, as well as services to career advisors, with particular focus on high-profile advisors (i.e. PCG, Forum). Serves as NMIS supervisor to FPS operations staff and conducts monthly case reviews of consulting team members.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and leads execution of the strategic direction of the Financial Planning Services "direct to advisor" models to meet business objectives.
- Leads the development and evolution of FPS services for high-profile advisors (i.e. PCG, Forum) to increase value to the field, and to provide a strong experience.
- Drives operational excellence by leading the maturing of the FPS operations. This includes being a CLI leader, and using an agile methodology.
- Builds and leads an effective team committed to meeting departmental and organization goals. Fosters collaboration among team members and other internal teams and creates a strong morale and spirit while hiring, coaching and developing staff.
- Coaches and empowers the team to integrate innovation, a field mindset and CLI into their daily work.
- Ensures alignment between FPS planning and investment services and resources with enterprise priorities, as well as changes/enhancements to products, platforms and technologies.
- Serves as NMIS supervisor to operations staff and conducts monthly case reviews of consulting team members.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on business, investments, finance or other related areas.
- Series 7 and 24 required within 12 months of hire.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in planning, or investment operations, preferably in a field consulting environment.
- Experience managing and developing professional level staff, with management of field facing staff preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead and execute complex programs and/or projects with cross-departmental impact.
- Experience establishing strategic direction, as well as leading execution of strategy. Includes ability anticipate future trends, broad knowledge and perspective; ability to articulate a vision of to address a service oriented operational and consultation environment.
- Background that includes CLI, and agile methodologies strongly preferred.
- Industry designations (e.g., CLU, CFP) and/or advanced degree highly desirable.
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 24 - FINRA, Series 7 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups