At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates and/or refines test strategies & plans with guidance.
• Defines and executes test monitoring, control, execution, and completion activities.
• Defines objectives and recommended approach within constraints of context.
• Creates report / metrics, defining key findings for stakeholder.
• Writes test cases based on features / requirements / stories.
• Executes the appropriate amount of testing needed while delivering on cadence.
• Creates and executes automated tests with some guidance
• Experience using Selenium
• Skilled at communicating the need & approach for defect management.
• Demonstrates ability to execute testing activities to meet the needs of an Agile workflow; includes agile estimation.
• Ability to write test cases based on features/requirements/stories.
• Ability to effectively execute the appropriate amount of testing needed while still delivering on cadence.
• Understands basic Test Automation principles.
Understanding of Node.js, Selenium and Webdriver.io
Understanding of Git version control including branch strategy. Familiarity with GitLab, GitLab CI, Docker and Jenkins for CI/CD is preferred but not required.
Ability and confidence to peer-review code for quality, cleanliness, and general best practices.
Desire to work closely with an agile development team, but also collaborate regularly with other test engineers across projects to mature testing practices.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups