At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As an Illustrations Support Engineer, you will be assisting to resolve customer issues/questions from the Field/Home Office in an agile environment using engineering best practices. We are an embedded support team and work very closely with our developer engineers and product business partners. You’ll have the opportunity to understand of the basics of the Illustrations Systems and be able to troubleshoot/resolve technical/functional issues with some to little assistance utilizing a great variety of industry best support tools and application monitoring. Our team will fill your desire to learn & work in a fast-paced environment and empower you to do what’s right for our customers!
Role duties include:
- Learn and apply customer and engineering best practices in order to support software/monitoring solutions to drive strong performance and high availability to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Apply and support customer engagement workflow, including technical analysis and resolutions for incidents, service requests, and problems.
- Seek to understand and support technology needs of users, proactive monitoring for business issues, and support effective resolutions of issues
- Support effortless customer experience via partnering to create an effective use of Self Service, Community and Knowledge Management for users, and our teams.
- Responding to incidents and requests from customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Work on small projects & improvement ideas
- Maintain relationships with the development and product stakeholders
- Create and maintain process documentation and knowledge articles
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field -OR- a rigorous trusted training program specific to IT (for example approved IT Boot Camps), -OR- a significant amount of directly-related work experience
1-3 years of professional experience
At least Internship, and/or 1-3 years of equivalent work experience or training
- Proficient programming skills, and operations, customer service, and technical understanding for the role.
- Possess a support and customer-centric mindset and attitude, along with a passion for learning and building on core business knowledge and technical base.
- Strong interpersonal skills both verbally and written, Self-motivated, and ability to succeed in collaborative environment.
- Technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve issues independently
- Experience in customer support role (tech or non-tech) / helping resolve user's issues.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups