At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are seeking Associate Software Engineer to join us! This position will be critical in helping us build functionality in the Money Movement Platform. This is a backend platform using micro service design to integrate 5-10 distributed business areas. This position would put you as a member of an agile scrum team working as a part of a 2-3 team program.
This role can extend over the following components or, go deep into one:
- Help us enhance and grow our existing components
- Help us grow and build Node.js REST APIs
- Help us support, troubleshoot, and manage our application frontend design and integrations
Technologies We Use:
What are we solvin g?
Our area is building a new Money Movement Platform for NM, uniting our various risk and investment solutions, into a cutting edge platform that will deliver a fundamentally different experience from our competition.
- Be a team player: contribute to our culture, invent new ways to address industry needs, criticize constructively, and help create a world-changing company
- Provide solutions for UX and UI problems during planning and development
- Write automated tests via TDD to foster effective, reusable, and flexible code
- Build logic in isolated, independent, reusable components
- Ability to effectively break down problems into deliverable components
- Debug and troubleshoot integration with new API’s
- You know and care about modern development and design tools and techniques
Skills & Requirements:
- Passionate about learning and creating high-quality, flexible code
- Understanding of REST API principles and best practices
- Creativity, passion for development
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups