At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented full stack software engineer to join the Field Rewards Engineering team at Northwestern Mutual. Field Rewards Engineering is responsible for building the platforms that compensate financial representatives on their sales of insurance and investment products; you will be developing software that delivers value to our field force. The ideal candidate is comfortable working on front-end apps as well as their backend microservices. Engineers at NM are empowered to pick the right tools and technology stack to fit their needs. The team is using the following technologies to build software: NodeJS, React, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab.
Skills required to be successful in this role
- RESTful services
- Automated testing: unit, integration, regression
Additional skills & experience that would help
- Linux/Unix & shell scripting (bash)
- CI/CD experience (we use gitlabCI)
Education / Experience
- BS in computer science, engineering or an equivalent field
- Within first month , while working with engineers on the teams, be able to jump head-first into new applications and ask the appropriate questions / do the appropriate research to identify the general functions and behaviors of the system. Begin contributing to minor backlog items.
- Within first 3 months , have proficient knowledge of the baseline applications and be able to take the reins around backlog items and appropriately spec and develop code to contribute directly to the GIT repositories. Be able to dive into the overall application distribution architectures and navigate the environments in which they run.
- Within first 6 months , be able to navigate the full stack of the applications and supporting components, contributing directly to engineering discussions that affect the current and future state of the applications. Essentially, contributing to the team at your full capacity.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups