At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are seeking a developer interesting in a variety of modern full stack technologies to assist in design and implementation of applications supporting Field Experience. The role: Develop, test, and deploy business functional changes primarily for the Annuities Worklist application architecture using a modern AWS tech stack.
What are the must haves for this role?
- Understanding of TDD and unit testing, e.g. Jest or Jasmine
- Ability to be coachable and take initiative with your career
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high-quality applications from architecture and design through implementation and deployment.
What are the nice to haves for this role?
- A Strong understanding of or 1+ years of work experience in the above
- Additional experience with any of: Jira, SonarQube, Checkmarx, Twistlock, Java, RDS, SQL
- Experience with AWS Cloud technologies, e.g. SNS/SQS/SES and Lambdas
- Experience with CICD pipeline technologies, e.g. GitLab CI
- Understanding and prior experience working in a Scrum based project team
- Understanding of security and compliance principles and implementations
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups