At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This position demonstrates a keen understanding of the WMC investment philosophy and process with the ability to optimally communicate the Private Client Services (PCS) capability to Wealth Management Advisors (WMAs) and their staff, as well as to clients and prospective clients. Works under the supervision of PCS Portfolio Managers to assist in managing PCS accounts in accordance with WMC investment philosophy. This position not only assists in management and support of PCS Portfolio Managers books of business, but also lead their own distinct book between $300 million to $500 million.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Through platform systems and/or proprietary tools, updates portfolio management cash and asset allocation drift models daily, to assist the Portfolio Management team in efficiently delivering WMC's discretionary investment capability for Wealth Management Advisors and their clients.
- Assists in growing the business by crafting and analyzing investment proposals for prospective PCS clients, based on information gathered by advisors and/or their staff.
- Conducts proposal review calls with advisors, along with participating in prospective client calls to illustrate Private Client Services capabilities with the goal of building long term relationships to both advisors and clients.
- Provides guidance to the field and answer questions on the trust and discretionary investment capabilities, approved investment strategies, program recommendations and proposal procedures for clients of the Wealth Management Company, both in general and case-specific terms.
- Retains and strengthens relationships with current PCS clients by leading portfolio review calls with WMA's and their clients. Educating on the markets, WMC investment and allocation perspectives, and attributes and performance of clients' portfolios.
- Monitors client investment policy allocation and cash balances, executes trades according to client investment objectives, and assist in monitoring trading activity and order allocation.
- Facilitates PCS global allocation trades across the entire book of business of over $8 billion.
- Prepares client portfolio review materials in advance of client meetings from portfolio software and perform initial and annual compliance reviews on client accounts in order to comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in and may lead operational improvement, or system enhancement initiatives and may act as liaison with marketing, client service, compliance, trading, institutional account administration, operations, and performance departments.
- Other responsibilities and independent projects may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's degree, progress towards CFA, CFP, CAIA or MBA desirable (or other related designation).
- 3-5 years of experience in the investment/fiduciary management industry.
- Background in understanding, interpreting and articulating investments, financial markets, asset allocation and broad economy metrics.
- Ability to articulate in both written and verbal form.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills.
- Technical expertise in standard applications including but not limited to Bloomberg, Excel, and Word.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve critical issues through effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships while providing quality customer service and support.
- Ability to develop written and verbal communication skills in order to deliver insightful, well-organized documentation and presentations and ability to effectively communicate in difficult and sensitive situations.
- Non-Registered Fingerprinted FINRA
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups