At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As an IAM Associate Engineer you will work on the Directory Services team supporting our mission of providing authentication and authorization services to the organization. This includes integrating with third-party software, on-premises, and cloud infrastructure to ensure a seamless user experience and high availability while staying ahead of the needs of the business. This work will require cross-team communication and functions that could also include automation and process improvement efforts.
This position will work with key business units, developers, vendors, and engineers to help support the future of Directory Services. This person will be responsible for managing, supporting, and providing improvements to all aspects of our Directory Services environment to ensure integrity, and availability of authentication and authorization services. Responsibilities include, impact analysis, data analysis, and creating work effort estimates for new features and fixes.
- Creative thinking, solution recommendation and acting as a trusted advisor for the customer.
- Works under general supervision
- Handles repetitive issues independently but may need assistance from others on team for more complex issue
- Work collaboratively with team members on designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise Directory Services products. Hands on experience with user authentication/authorization, policy management, external integrations, workflows, auditing, and reporting is a plus.
- Provide technical expertise, remove blockers, deliver scope items, identify security gaps, vulnerabilities and effectively communicate with the project stakeholders.
- Work in a fast paced, results driven environment, grasp new technology, and contribute to install, troubleshoot, and deliver Directory Services including Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Radiant Logic. DevOps automation experience is a big plus.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems OR equivalent work experience in the IT field
- 0-2 years of professional experience required
- Has a basic understanding of Identity and Access Management technologies and tools (Active Directory, Azure, AWS, SSO/Federation, Access Certification)
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams.
- Developing documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Interested in career progression within the discipline.
- Exhibits appetite for continuous learning & improvement.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups