At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The IDAR Division of TRIAD is responsible for a variety of investment-oriented back office responsibilities, including investment performance and attribution, benchmarks, valuation oversight, matrix pricing of private securities and commercial mortgages, “top-of-the-house” investment reporting, and invested asset data governance. As such, members of IDAR are involved in or responsible for a variety of analysis, reporting, and critical business processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Cross-train on various regular processes for which IDAR is the accountable business partner with an eye toward eventually assuming lead responsibility for one or more of them. These would include top-of-the-house investment performance measurement and attribution; matrix pricing; valuation oversight; and benchmark administration.
- Develop an increasing understanding of the top-of-the-house invested asset critical data elements and how they are used by investment and risk personnel.
- Gather top-of-the-house data in support of required regulatory submissions or presentations to committees, rating agencies, or senior management.
- Assist in documenting and updating/maintaining existing documentation for IDAR-led processes.
- Work with Corporate Solutions to review and evaluate data and technology refinements in support of IDAR-led processes or top-of-the-house reporting.
- Respond to inquiries from investment front-office personnel.
- Serve as business support or the business lead on various technology-oriented initiatives aimed at improving the quality or accessibility of the Company’s “top-of-the-house” invested asset data.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, investments, economics, quantitative analysis, or a related field.
- Attention to detail, persistence, and a willingness/ability to dig into new, challenging, and complex processes.
- Intellectual curiosity, willingness to learn, and willingness to challenge the status quo and find better ways of doing things.
- Strong controls mindset and ability to refine and streamline processes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in asset management, portfolio management, risk management, performance measurement, investment operations, or investment data and research.
- Sound understanding of investments, especially as it relates to using investment data for decision-making.
- Strong drive for results, strong work ethic and developing problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data manipulation using Excel and business intelligence tools such as PowerBI.
- Good communications skills and ability to prepare analyses, written summaries, and presentations.
- Graduate degree (e.g., MBA or JD) and/or relevant certifications (e.g. CFA charter) preferred.
- Familiarity with investment-oriented platforms or systems such as Bloomberg AIM, Aladdin, or FactSet.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups