At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an Associate Data Engineer passionate about Data Management to join our Data Management team. Our team provides critical data management expertise and services to various areas across the organization. The role requires a multifaceted agile mentality, patience and persistence to solve sophisticated business problems, and strong data management skills. You will work to achieve the following goals:
- Mature enterprise data management capabilities:
- Implement and manage new enterprise metadata management and data quality solutions
- Define and manage metadata management tooling strategies and roadmaps
- Develop metadata management standards, best practices and policies
- Consult and advise external teams on how to meet specific business unit data management goals
- Provide data management shared services for enterprise data assets:
- Build and manage data management components, as needed, to support enterprise data engineering goals and objectives
- Build out data catalog, data dictionary, business glossary and data lineage components to support regulatory requirements for our most critical data assets.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Work with a dedicated, hardworking, respected team with deep domain expertise and enterprise savvy to build out the next generation of enterprise data management capabilities
- Collaborate with engineers and architects across several enterprise organizations to identify data management solutions
- Build and mature data management capabilities for several top-tier data platforms and services
What skills you'll need to be successful:
- A solid foundation in core data management skills including direct experience with: data modeling, data governance, metadata management and data quality
- Some exposure to Data Bases, Python, Java, Get Labs, and APIS
- Ability to learning industry standard data modeling, metadata management, and data quality technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- 1-2 years of Data Engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but be an amazing teammate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups