At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a Business Analyst, you will help shape the digital products in our consumer products space. We are looking for a hard-working Business Analyst to dive deep and define business requirements and technical features for one or more of the following products on the Client Website: Application Status Tracker, Online Medical History Questionnaire, Information Sharing, Contact Us/FAQ, Feedback and Important Info.
You will work on a multi-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and business subject matter experts in an agile methodology to deliver user experience and business value outcomes. The ideal candidate has a desire to learn the business, understand the end-to-end processes and be part of contributing to large, strategic efforts. The role will require an eye for working with data.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business Expertise: Partners with peer group, business partners and product management to learn business area/domain, while continuing to learn and grow knowledge across the enterprise.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Document and assess current state in a few processes, or single business area / domain. Assist with task-based work items in more complex situations.
- Gather Requirements: Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with low to medium complexity while participating in some task-based work in higher complexity situations. Assist throughout the development process as needs arise.
- Test Plan Review: Assist with coordinating and reviewing test plans for smaller or non-complex efforts. Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.)
- Project Management : Ability to use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 1-3 years prior experience in industry or business
- Ability to lean on strong communication skills to influence outcomes while approaching conflict with organizational savviness
- Domain expertise via previous internships or similar roles in the past.
- Certifications demonstrating mastery of role specific competencies
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Experience with risk new business processes and/or underwriting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups