At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual our mobile apps are a key component of our drive to create a remarkable client experience. Do you have a passion for elegant architecture and engaging mobile apps? We are looking for an associate backend developer to join our team of dedicated mobile engineers as we build the tools to help our millions of customers achieve financial security and independence. You'll work closely with the mobile engineers as well as partners in Test Engineering and other backend teams to build the services that support our mobile apps.
Our mobile development team is distributed across multiple locations including Minneapolis, NYC and Milwaukee. We offer a casual, flexible work environment which we believe is essential for our engineers to develop the most creative solutions to demanding problems. Northwestern Mutual is investing heavily in its future; our executive team understands that success will require the brightest mobile developers in the industry. Become a fundamental part of our growing team and help us shape the future.
Bring Your Best! Role/Responsibilities:
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains mobile applications and services (with mentoring/guidance) using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Executes on guided tasks, writing clean code, and following team convention.
- Participates in peer code reviews.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- No Previous Experience Required
- Professional Internship Preferred
- Basic development and debugging skills.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Passion for technology and learning.
- Experience at a Professional Internship.
- Familiarity with key development languages for backend or full stack applications.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups