At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As an Associate Actuary, you will work in the Actuarial Department using your actuarial training and background to carry out in-depth analyses of a wide variety of business issues. Typical activities may include development of complex actuarial models, forecasting future financial circumstances, assessing regulatory issues, consulting on product or other risk management issues, or providing significant assistance on corporate projects. The result of the work will frequently influence management towards action that can have a sizeable impact on products, markets, underwriting, pricing, risk management, and profitability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate and analyze technical issues of an actuarial nature.
- Assess risk by determining the impact and the financial benefit of varied options.
- Provide actuarial consultation to internal clients.
- Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, or related field.
- Attainment of Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation at a minimum.
- Most candidates will have attained or be very close to attaining the Fellowship (FSA) designation.
- A minimum of three years of experience.
- Skilled in using software tools that are used for mathematical and/or financial modeling and analysis.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in multiple actuarial disciplines (e.g. pricing, modeling, valuation), typically attained through rotational assignments.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more!
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Pleas e click here for additi onal information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups