At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees, and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
Investment Strategy Department Overview:
NM’s Investment Strategy Department (ISD) is responsible for providing strategic investment guidance and top-down portfolio management for NM’s General Account portfolio and retirement plan assets as well as leading NM’s spread lending business. The team manages NM’s institutional public equity assets through active allocation strategies and is responsible for selection, oversight, and management of external asset managers across accounts. ISD also leads the technology and data strategy for Managed Investments.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Provide support for the spread lending business regarding management tools and dashboards, program profitability, new business pricing, current market opportunities, and asset-liability management strategies.
- Advancement of data analytics efforts that support the spread lending business and other strategic investment initiatives; ability to develop data visualizations to help tell the story.
- Support investment components of the company’s financial planning process.
- Develops an understanding of financial markets, credit fundamentals, and macroeconomic data.
- Develops an understanding of the investment management process, asset classes, investment risk framework, and investment objectives for the spread lending program and other accounts.
- Develops an understanding of insurance products, economic capital, and the liability characteristics of each account along with basic statutory accounting principles.
- Maintain strong working relationships across Managed Investments and other functions within NM.
Relevant Technical Skills:
- Power BI
- MS Office
- PYTHON or other advanced data analytics skills
- Actuarial or ALM Modeling Software (MG-ALFA, Prophet, GGY Axis, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Computer science/engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A professional designation (CFA/ASA/FSA/CPA) is required with a bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years work experience in related role.
- Data-driven decision-making mindset.
- Proficiency in Power BI.
- Strong communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to challenge the status quo in an objective way to find innovative ways of doing things.
- Attention to detail and a willingness/ability to dig into data.
- Drive for results, strong work ethic and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Thinks with an enterprise mindset.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups