At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
This position will lead the development and execution of the strategic direction and management of one or more Investment products. This position networks extensively with the home office, field, industry and business partner's specific to the product line. An initial focus of this role will be strategy and design work related to Northwestern Mutual’s wealth management proposals which is expected to involve: competitive research, advisor feedback and co-creation, technical feasibility, and business case development.
How you will do it:
- Synthesizes field and customer feedback, industry trends, and competitor products to help set direction for product evolution that fits the investment approach. Handles escalations of advisor issues, research as needed, and respond appropriately.
- Uses field, client and industry insight, to recommend, craft and develop new products and features. Maintains co-creation with the field throughout the product development process.
- In-depth knowledge of technology platforms available for investment products. Assesses available offerings and make decisions on which parts of the technology platforms fit Northwestern Mutual products.
- Drives profitability for assigned products via sales growth, net cash flow, sound product design and managed expenses. Directs implementation of product design changes to advisor compensation, client pricing, rates and partnerships.
- Coordinates with key home office divisions/departments to present recommendations that address opportunities in the integration of the product line into a company-wide approach passionate about meeting field and customer needs
- Leads efforts to develop new or improve existing products and features, including partnering with project management, technical, operational, compensation, investment and regulatory experts in an ongoing effort to offer competitive investment products. Responsibility for leading business decisions that impact scope, risk, business value, schedule and budget. Provides input in department-wide prioritization process.
- Responsible for partnering across the home office on regulatory issues impacting assigned products. Recommends changes to products, programs or processes to maintain compliance.
- May manage a team of individuals and is responsible for their growth and development
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree (such as MBA) preferred.
- Generally 8 or more years of experience in product management within the financial services industry.
- Proven knowledge of the Wealth Management industry, including product, pricing, marketing, customer preferences, marketplace standards, broker-dealer offerings, future trends and servicing
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to lead others around deadlines and prioritization of work.
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-departmental initiatives; driving design and business value
- Ability to anticipate impact of decisions, future consequences and trends.
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks and utilize resources in the industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to make effective formal presentations across various levels in the organization. May require negotiation with internal or external business partners in difficult situations.
- Has a strong curiosity about people development and leading others formally or informally.
- Professional certification - CLU, ChFC, CFA, CFP, CPA or similar designation recommended.
- FINRA Non-Registered Fingerprinted.
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups